Rules & Regulations
These Rules and Regulations (called “Rules”) are incorporated into and made a part of the Agreement between the Customer and Cottonwood Self Storage (“CSS”). Defined terms in these Rules have the same meanings given to those terms in the Agreement. If there is a conflict between these Rules and the Agreement, the Agreement will control. CSS may change these Rules at any time by posting 30 days advance notice of the change on this website. Customers are encouraged to view this website often.
A. Prohibited Uses.
Unless approved by initialing the Lease: Customer may only use the Unit for storing Customer’s personal property. Customer may NOT:
- Modify or alter the Unit
- Allow anyone else to use the Unit.
- Conduct a business or hobby, or manufacture, exhibit, or sell items from the Unit.
- Use the Unit for any illegal purposes.
- Store guns, ammunition, weapons and/or illegal drugs in the Unit. Marijuana is considered illegal even if it is legal in Nevada.
- Store or abandon hazardous materials in the Unit including, without limitation, substances that are toxic, reactive, volatile, flammable, explosive, hazardous, or corrosive, or that are, at any time, regulated by state, Federal or local authorities.
- Store items with an aggregate value of more than $5,000 unless CSS has expressly consented in writing to a higher value. Customer’s purchase of insurance from any provider in an amount greater than $5,000 will not be considered CSS’s consent to the storage of Contents in excess of $5,000.
- Store animals, food or other perishable items in the Unit.
- Store items that, in CSS’s determination, attract vermin, create a nuisance, have a noxious odor or stench, or endanger the safety or health of people or the environment including, without limitation, mothballs.
- Store any documents, film, or electronic data containing any personal information relating to Customer, Customer’s clients, customers, patients, or others, such as social security numbers; credit card, debit card, bank account or passport information; or tax, employment, medical, or legal records. If Customer is in default and CSS finds any documents, film or electronic data in the Unit, CSS may, at CSS’s option, immediately destroy these items and charge Customer for the destruction costs.
- Store items with special or sentimental value, or with unknown immediate resale or market value.
- Connect to any electricity, cable, internet or any other utilities serving CSS.
- Bring pets to CSS other than trained service dogs.
- Use any dumpsters or garbage depositories at CSS. Customer will be charged fees for violating this prohibition.
- Unit Contents shall not be stored at a height higher than a plane which is eighteen (18”) inches below the fire sprinkler head(s) within a Unit. Further, no Unit Contents shall be hung from and/or affixed to any sprinkler heads and/or other fire suppressions systems. CSS reserves the right to inspect Unit s for compliance with these requirements.
B. CSS Access.
Unless otherwise consented to in writing by CSS (which consent may be withdrawn at any time), Customers may access their Unit s only during the CSS access hours, and Customers found at CSS during times other than the CSS access hours will be deemed to be trespassers. A Customer’s Unit door must remain open at all times while the Customer is accessing their Unit.
C. Unsecured Unit s & Overlocks.
CSS may place a new lock on any Unit that is not secured by a lock. Customer will pay for the costs of the new lock and any other costs incurred by CSS in connection with the new lock. If an unsecured Unit is vacant, or if there are only items that appear to be trash, CSS may dispose of the trash, at Customer’s cost, and consider the Agreement terminated. If Rent is 30 days or more past due, CSS will remove Customer’s lock from the Unit to prepare for the sale of the Unit Contents.
D. Store Gates, Driveways & Security.
- Customers must follow all procedures to enter the gate. If no procedures are posted, then the following procedures apply:
- Customer must pull up to and enter Customer’s gate code into the keypad.
- Customer must wait for the gate to open completely before driving through the gate area.
- After the gate has fully opened, only 1 vehicle may drive through the gate area. Each vehicle must enter a gate code into the keypad to access the property. Customers are warned that when a gate code is entered into the keypad, the gate opens only for enough time to allow 1 vehicle to drive through the gate area. The gate may close on, and damage, a vehicle if more than 1 vehicle enters though the gate when a gate code is entered into the keypad. CSS is not liable for this damage.
- Customers will be responsible to pay to CSS all costs incurred by CSS to repair any damage to the gate or fence due to Customer’s or Customer’s guests improper use or negligence.
- All driveways at CSS are for vehicular use only. Pedestrians are not permitted to walk through the driveways.
- Any security systems at CSS such as fences, gates, or video cameras are for CSS’s protection only. Customer may not rely on these security systems to protect the Unit or the Unit Contents.
- Do not block entrance/exit gates at any time.
Be respectful of the neighboring homes. No loud noises or music, dim headlights whenever possible.
E. Vehicle Storage.
- If a motorized vehicle including, without limitation, a car, boat, motorcycle, snow mobile, or wave runner (called “Vehicle”), is stored in a Unit, the following requirements must be complied with:
- The Vehicle must be stored over drip trays or cardboard to prevent fluids from leaking into the Unit. If fluids from the Vehicle leak into the Unit or CSS, Customer will remediate the Unit or CSS at Customer’s expense in accordance with applicable laws.
- The gas tank must be drained.
- Only 1 Vehicle may be stored in a Space.
If a Customer is in default of the Agreement, CSS may, without incurring any liability, have any Vehicle being stored by the Customer towed at the Customer’s expense.
Customer must protect and safeguard Customer’s keys to the Unit. If Customer loses a key, it is recommended that Customer replace Customer’s lock immediately to avoid unauthorized access. CSS does not verify the authority of those entering Unit s with keys.
G. Law Enforcement Directives.
CSS cooperates with law enforcement officials in all reasonable respects including, without limitation, allowing law enforcement officials to comply with and enforce search warrants, and providing business records (excluding financial information), video footage, and subpoenaed documents to law enforcement officials.
Customers will not receive an invoice for the Monthly Rent unless Customers pay a monthly invoice fee in the amount determined by CSS. The Agreement does not include all fees, expenses, or charges that Customers may be required to pay under the Agreement, and CSS reserves the right to charge additional fees. CSS reserves the right to increase, decrease, supplement, or otherwise modify any fees or charges in the Agreement by either sending advance notice directly to the Customer, or posting advance notice of any such change on this website or in the office. The list of fees set forth in this Agreement is not all inclusive and additional fees may apply.
I. Accepted Payment Method.
Customer’s payments may be made by credit card, debit card or ACH. CSS may accept other forms of payment at CSS’s sole discretion.
J. Customer Conduct While on Premises.
Customers shall conduct themselves appropriately while on CSS premises. Any type of harassment toward CSS employees, foul language, boisterous behavior or other behavior that interferes with CSS business or negatively affects CSS employees or Customers will not be tolerated.